Modification Of Family Law Orders

You should never feel trapped by child custody or support orders. If you have encountered a material and substantial change in circumstances since the order was entered, you may be able to change the order.

At Jamie Graham & Associates, PLLC, in San Antonio, our attorneys can assist with changes of child custody orders, including:

We have more than 30 years of combined family law experience, which allows us to review your case and quickly determine your eligibility for a modification. If you are eligible, we can help you with all documentation, hearings and other matters necessary to make the change. We are also able to help if you believe the other party is attempting to make a change that is potentially damaging or unwarranted.

A Substantial Change Of Circumstances

While modifications are possible, there must be evidence of a material and substantial change of circumstances for you, the children or the other parent. In other words, something about your situation must have changed dramatically since the orders were created.

Employment issues are among the most common changes in circumstances. For example, the loss of a job or a significant pay cut may be reason to seek a reduction in child support payments. Similarly, a promotion or a big increase in pay may necessitate an increase in child support payments. A change in shifts, a switch from part time to full time or vice versa, or a similar schedule change may require that parenting plans be revisited. Often, relocation is necessary for career purposes, and when that relocation involves a child, a modification will be needed.

There are many other reasons to seek a modification, ranging from changes in the child's needs to emergency situations involving threats to the safety and well-being of a child such as domestic violence or substance abuse. Whatever the case, our lawyers are prepared to act quickly to help you take the necessary steps.

Free Consultation About Modifying Orders

Call 210-764-3468 or send an email to review your options with an experienced lawyer.